Lucy Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Imma ticker

CafeMom Tickers

Friday, January 4, 2013

Lunch with Friends at Chicken-Hamburger!

Yesterday we had lunch with one of my bestest friends and two of Lucy's boyfriends at what Imma calls, "Chicken-Hamburger" a.k.a. Chick-fil-a.  Unfortunately, I took no pictures!  So, I will have to make due with a picture of Lucy and her boyfriends at their first birthday party, which is a year and a half ago but better than nothing!
Lucy with Will and Jack at their 1st birthday party. She was not happy!

Will and Jack are two of the sweetest, most incredible, literally miraculous Big Boys! (I almost said babies but they are not that any more) that I have ever had the opportunity to know.  When they were born they were teeny tiny and there were thousands of people praying for them and their family.  They have an incredible story and incredible parents.  You can read all about them on my sweet friend Alyson's blog here .
I used to share a classroom with Alyson and her mom and another wonderful teacher (or two, who's counting!) and I really miss her now that we live about an hour away from each other.  It was great to see them even though we didn't get to talk as much as we would like with four little people running around like, well, little people.  Nevertheless, we all had a really great time and I hope we can do it again soon.
It's nice to see other two-year-olds about Lucy's age and see that they are all doing the same things. Lucy's personality is such that she is always going to be a little different, she was a little more, uhm, "diva-ish" than the boys, but that could just be a girl thing, too.  She was crawling around in the play room but was having difficulty getting up the steps so she would ask a bigger boy for help.  Damsel in distress!  She's say, "Hewp!" and a five or six year old boy would help her every time! "Thank you!" Will and Jack were very industrious and were able to get themselves up the steps even though they aren't much taller than Lu.  They figured out a way to use the side of the steps to push up.  So smart!
Imma was running around, trying to talk to other kids, but mostly acting like a dog.  She has been Imma-Dog for the last few months.  Whatever makes her happy!  She enjoyed her chicken and most of her french fries and then just got up and went into the play area without asking, "Uhm, hello? Can you at least tell your mommy where you are going?"  No, no she cannot.
We then traded our toys (which were books, again) from the kid meals in for ice cream.  Did y'all know you can do that?  Yep, toy for ice cream = awesome.  We smeared some ice cream on our faces and maybe ate a little and then headed home for what I was sure was going to be a long nap--except Lu was so exhausted she couldn't and didn't sleep. Imma doesn't take a nap any more so she just rode her bike around the living room and screamed, "Bicycle, bicycle!'  Maybe that's why Lu didn't sleep!
We had a great time and it made me realize we need to have more play dates! I love seeing my little girls play with their friends and with no cousins and no neighbors it just doesn't happen enough. But maybe at a house next time so it isn't as crazy!  Who's in?  Your house or ours?  I'll make the chicken-hamburgers!
For those of you who love contests but don't follow my other blog, I am doing a giveaway on the Glitter and Tulle Boutique blog this weekend.  Please check it out!
I am also going to try to make my own Rhinestone transfer templates this weekend, which means I will literally be able to custom make any bling you could possibly want! Names, characters, whatever.  I'll let you know how it goes.
Have a lovely weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment