Lucy Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Imma ticker

CafeMom Tickers

Saturday, January 12, 2013

All the Leaves Are Brown and the Sky is Gray

It is not a lovely day in North Texas today. It is dreary and bleak and miserable looking outside.  After some beautiful weather the last two days, it's disappointing to look out the window and see such yucky weather.
Yesterday, Imma, Lucy, and I went for a walk. I pushed Lu in the stroller and Imma rode Picky (it's Picky, not Pinky.  We just didn't understand what she was saying before.)  Imma talks to her bike like it's her best-friend.  "Come on, Picky, this way!  You can do it! Let's go toward the big house!" It's very cute.  We live in a pretty hilly subdivision and there were a few times I wasn't sure if she was going to make it up the hill but she did it.
Today, we definitely won't be going for a walk or a bike ride.  It's just too wet outside.  Sometimes on days like today we take the girls to Chick-fil-a (a.k.a. Chicken Hamburger) so they can play inside. Or we take them to Bass Pro to see the fish.  They really like looking at all of the enormous fish in the indoor fish tanks.  We don't usually stay home all day.  My girls are very active and they like to run around! I'm not sure what we are going to do today but I've got to figure something out because I don't like being cooped up either!
What does your family like to do on a rainy, dismal day? I'd love some new ideas!
Lucy, just chillin'

2 comments:

  1. We go to the library, or to the mall (cringe!) miso the girls can run around the indoor play area. Or if I'm not up to taking them anywhere, I try to do some activity that we wouldn't do everyday, like fingerpainting. It can be rough though when I run out of ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, Sarah! I love that you have special activities just for rainy days! I'll have to come up with some things for the girls that we can save for yucky days! Hopefully there won't be many more. I'm ready for spring!!

    ReplyDelete