Lucy Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Imma ticker

CafeMom Tickers

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Closet Clean Out Always Makes Me Sad!

Cleaning out Lucy's closet always makes me sad because I see all of these cute little outfits that she wore, or Imma wore, or they both wore, and I know they will never wear them again.
It makes me happy to get rid of stuff, especially when I know someone else can use it. But it's really hard to see some of these outfits go.  Does anyone else have that problem?
Lucy will be 2 1/2 on Saturday and she is just now getting in to her 2T/24 month clothes so all of the 18 month clothes have to come out.  One of my dearest friends is having a little girl in the spring so she will be getting a couple of boxes of clothes!  The rest will go to Good Will.  As I'm pulling things out of the closet, I can remember places we went, photos we took, experiences we had while one of the girls was wearing these outfits and I can't help but reflect upon how quickly my little girls are growing up.  Most of my memories of Lucy are happy ones.  With Imma, it's a little different because some of these clothes are the ones she was wearing when we started to wonder if something was wrong.  That makes it harder to pass them along.  I usually end up keeping one or two outfits that I just can't let go, but this time, I put them all in a box to be mailed or a bag to be donated. I'll still have the memories and the photographs and hopefully the sadness will go out the door and fly far, far away.

And then there's another issue.  This is Lucy's closet.



It's a tad bit tight.

While, this is Imma's closet.


Hello?  Hello?  Echo, echo.

Someday Lu will realize that in closets, as in life, all is not fair.  In the meantime, we have bags of clothes in the back of Imma's closet, size 3T, 4T, and now starting a bag of 5T's that Lucy will eventually grow in to.  Sigh . . . . They just keep getting bigger!  The positive side of my brain says, "Praise God I've been blessed with two healthy girls who continue to grow and are here with me each year." The other part says, "Can't they just stay little girls forever?!" Time marches on and eventually we'll have to figure out how to solve the closet conundrum but for now I will keep shoving clothes into Lucy's closet and hoping I don't lose one of the dogs--or the children--in the cavernous closet in Imma's room.
What makes y'all reminisce about how fast your children are growing?

No comments:

Post a Comment