Lucy Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Imma ticker

CafeMom Tickers

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Imma's First Loose Tooth!


Imma's class is talking about teeth this week. They were doing an activity where they glued marshmallows on a little paper model of their mouths when I walked into her classroom to get a group of students to read with.  I stopped to check on her and she said, "Look, Mommy, teeth!"  I said,  "Oh, ya, you've got teeth!" and tapped her teeth.  Then, I realized one of them was loose!  The bottom front left one is just a little wiggly!  This is her very first loose tooth.  I am hoping she doesn't freak out since so many people in her class have lost teeth already but I'm really not sure how she's going to react as it gets more and more lose.  Her class mates were just thrilled!  Another teacher stopped me in the hallway this morning and said, "So, Imma has a loose tooth, huh?"  I asked her if Imma had told her and she said, "No, Colton (one of Imma's classmates) told me.  He's very excited!" Those are the kinds of kids Imma has in her class. They share each other's triumphs and cheer for each other. I absolutely love that!  Part of it is because her teacher is so good at building a community in her classroom. I hope these kiddos are always able to keep this aspect of friendship alive as they travel through the grade-levels.
These are  cute teeth--but they aren't Imma's!  She wouldn't let me take a picture of her but Lucy would!
Imma is really starting to wiggle that tooth with her tongue.  I hope that it comes out easily with very little blood or pain!!

No comments:

Post a Comment