Lucy Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Imma ticker

CafeMom Tickers

Sunday, February 10, 2013

My Co-Pilot is Jesus, But My Navi, Well, That's Imma

Just a quick post today as, believe it or not, maintaining three blogs and trying to post something new and exciting on each of them everyday is, well, a little exhausting--especially when you have strep--so I'll try to keep this one brief. And don't worry, I will not send my Kooties through cyberspace to get you. If you happen to get strep after reading this blog post, it's purely coincidental.
I took Imma to Wal-Mart with me to do the grocery shopping today. She is in rare form today and we had a really good time.  She was sitting in the cart, which she can barely squeeze in to but we made it work, and she was making all kinds of goofy conversation. Lately, she's been mimicking that awful Fruit Roll-Ups commercial where the little boy says, "PLEEEEEAAAASSEEE!" for like 20 minutes--ya I'm never buying Fruit Roll Ups again, ever, even if the Zombie Apocalypse hits and we find out they are afraid of tape made of fruit--so I got to hear that word a lot more than I am used to.  But mostly she just talked about things that she saw and who we should get stuff for.  She said stuff like:
 "Grab it and go!"
 "Uhm, ya, it's a good one!"
"One for Barkley and One for Duke!"
"I like chocolate fruit!"
"Can we have chocolate cereal?  No that one, with the Rabbit! Yes, Trix!"  Uhm, that's not chocolate, "Pleeeease!" Okay, okay, whatever you want!
My favorite part was when she started "reading" the grocery list.  In her defense, even if she was a reader, she might not have been able to decipher my husband's chicken scratch.  She was sitting there telling me what we needed next. "Okay, Mommy, we need some birds, and a circus, and some cereal, and strawberries."  And wouldn't you know it if they weren't all out of birds and circus!  That's always my luck!
She was being so cute I tried to bribe her into letting me take her pictures. It was a no-go until she saw the M&M's. One extra-large bag of peanut deliciousness later and she's a little wired.  But I have my picture for the blog, so it's all good.
As she was sitting there talking to the very sweet cashier, I was thinking, "I bet if I told this woman that my child was autistic not so very long ago, she would be shocked." There was nothing autistic about my girl today.  She wasn't like everyone else but that's okay.  She was cute, she was making sense, she was being funny (they told me she would never understand humor) she was sweet.  We had a very nice trip to a place that's not exactly my favorite and now she's sitting next to me ruining every high score I ever had on Angry Birds on my iPad.  I'm very lucky to be her mommy!
Oh, what will you do for an extra-large bag of M & M's, Imm?

No comments:

Post a Comment