Lucy Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Imma ticker

CafeMom Tickers

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Missing My Girlies!

I'ts been over 24 hours since I've seen my girls and it's been pretty rough on mommy.  I think the girls are doing okay, though, which is the most important thing.  I was able to skype with the girls and Brian earlier this evening. It was very nice to see their cute little faces along with hearing their sweet voices.  Imma said, "Mommy on an airplane. Get the car, Daddy!"  I guess she was going to make him drive down here.  I didn't fly to Austin but in her mind, I am very far away and the only way to get here is by airplane.
Imma told me about her day at school.  She said she had a hot dog and yogurt for lunch.  She said she learned about the letter "r" and hearts and that she sat by her friend Peyton at lunch.  She played outside at recess and mostly played on the swing-set   It's so great that she is able to tell me about her day now, even if I'm not sure it's all exactly accurate.  But then, most five year old's have a hard time remembering the details about their day so that's pretty typical.
Lucy was a wild woman.  She was a little blur in the background, with the occasional shriek. She had a beach ball and her little pink car.  Her clothes matched better today.  Yesterday, she wore two dresses on top of each other and some leopard print pants that matched neither dress.   She has her own sense of style!
Brian is very sick and I'm worried about him. He looked exhausted.  It's too bad he's sick while I'm not there to help with the girls.  They are a handful even when you have help!  Hopefully, he will get better tomorrow or the next day!  And I hope no one else gets it!
I am having a lot of fun getting to know my co-workers.  I think a trip like this can make up for not being in the district that long.  I am hanging out with some really cool teachers who know a lot about technology and care immensely about teaching our students everything they need to know to be 21st century citizens.  If you would like to follow us on twitter, we are having some hilarious conversations, as well as some insightful educational related tweets and retweets.  You can follow my educational twitter account at @AmyVanHornCISD and then follow some of the #cisd folks I am following or search for #cisdvan for our most ridiculous posts.  Warning--this will only be funny if you find shows like "The Office" funny, not if you like your humor less witty.
A  view of Austin from the convention center

World's nicest park restroom

Do you know where we ate lunch today?

1 comment:

  1. i know you miss your family like crazy but it is good to get out and do something for yourself, even if it is work related.

    ReplyDelete