Lucy Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Imma ticker

CafeMom Tickers

Friday, February 1, 2013

Imma is The Braggin' Brave!

At our school, each teacher picks a student of the week, which we call The Braggin' Brave.  This week, Imma was selected, yay! The principal reads the students' names over the loud speaker every Friday morning.  When I heard Imma's name, I was standing in the cafeteria at breakfast duty and I cheered for her!  The kids and cafeteria staff looked at me like I was a little nuts, but I didn't care.  I was so proud of my girl!
When I came back to my office, the school secretary stopped by and asked me if I heard the cheering when Imma's name was announced.  I hadn't heard anyone cheering but myself.  She said Imma's entire class cheered so loudly that they could hear them in the office, which is all the way down a fairly long hallway.  Wow!  I'm so proud of my girl!
I also learned that Imma was walking around on the stage this morning before I went into the cafeteria so another teacher told her, "If you're going to be on the stage, you have to sing and dance."  Imma took her seriously and performed for the other kids while they were eating breakfast.  She actually sang several songs and danced!  I wish I would have seen it.  While I'm sure she was super cute and entertaining, I also hope we haven't created a monster!  I hope she doesn't think she can get up there anytime she wants to and sing and dance.  It might be a little awkward during awards assemblies!
Imma did not want me to take her picture today!

No comments:

Post a Comment