Lucy Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Imma ticker

CafeMom Tickers

Thursday, February 7, 2013

10 Things I Miss About My Girls

Since I haven't seen my daughters since Monday--and it is now Thursday--I thought I'd take this opportunity to compose a list of what I miss about them.
1) I miss hugging Imma first thing in the morning.  She will be sitting on the couch, watching Chuggington, with her hair still messy, no shoes on, a bit disheveled, eating her cereal (yes, on the couch) when I come out of the bedroom and hug her and ask her how she's doing.  Sleepy Imma is calm Imma and I like that.
2) I miss hearing Lucy talk to Daddy over the intercom as he gets her ready in the morning.  She tells him about the owl outside of her window, about her dreams, and usually says something about PawPaw.  She'll also tell him she doesn't want to wear whatever it is he has laid out for her to put on.
3) I miss taking Lucy to Ms. Amy's in the morning.  She's always so happy to see Amy and even though I am sad to tell her good-bye, I'm happy that she loves her caretaker so much.
4) I miss taking Imma to school.  She almost never gets her act together as quickly as I want her to.  She's pokey or distracted and wanders through the parking lot.  Her backpack is too heavy, her coat is slipping off, she's a mess.  She'll yell, "Good morning!" to her teacher as we pass her classroom on our way to mine and attempt to get everyone she passes names' correct.  She's a sweet, silly little mess.
5) I miss taking Imma her lunch.  Imma stopped buying her lunch a few weeks ago because she never ate any of it, except for maybe her dessert.  Now, she brings her lunch but part of it I heat up in the teacher's lounge and bring down to her. I take a few minutes to open everything for her, remind her to get a happy face, talk to her about her friends, kiss her on the head and go back to my room. I miss seeing how happy she is to see me for those few minutes.
6) I miss seeing Imma after school.  She waits for me in my classroom and plays on my phone or the iPad.  She's always happy to see me.  She doesn't let me sit in my chair at the computer, that's her chair.  I have to bring a student chair over and work from there.
7) I miss picking Lucy up from Amy's and hearing about her day.  She's usually happy to see me but other times she would rather stay there.  She will give me a big hug and do something silly--like sing her version of Gangham style.
8)  I miss watching the girls play in the front yard.  When the weather is nice it's almost impossible to get them to go inside so they play out front while the dogs run around. They build houses for the three little pigs or throw sticks in the pond.
9) I miss snack time and watching "Spongebob Squashpants."  I don't really miss watching that show, but I miss watching how happy it makes them to watch it.
10) I miss getting them ready for bed.  Lucy likes to take what she calls a "baby bath" these days and Imma loves to play in the tub.  We read a night-night story,  give kisses and hugs, ask for God's blessings and end our day with, "I love you."
I can't wait to get back home so that I can see my girls and get back to our routine!  Tomorrow, I'm going home!  How do people stay away for so long?  I could never be a business person or even think about being in the military.  God Bless those people who defend our country and miss their families for so long!
Love this pic of my girls!


1 comment: