Lucy Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Imma ticker

CafeMom Tickers

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Which One of These Things is Not Like the Others?

Monday, Imma joined a small group of students that I've been pulling out of her teacher's class for support in reading.  I've been working with these three boys for several months and Imma has made our little group more interesting.  She's the only girl, she's loud, she's silly, oh, and she's my kid.  So that makes it a little different.  She's doing well and the boys all love her.  The group is getting along quiet nicely.
Today, we played a game where I showed them high frequency words on the iPad and they had to read the word. Whoever read the word first got a colored tile.  If it was a tie, everyone got one.  If you yelled, you didn't get one.  (This prevented Imma from getting a few that she would have otherwise gotten.)  Everyone did really well.  They are definitely picking up their high frequency words, which, ultimately, will make them better readers.  I noticed something, however, as our little game progressed.  While I can't say that it truly surprised me, I still found it quite interesting.  In the picture below, you will see the tiles accumulated by each student.  Can you tell where Imma was sitting?
Hmmm, which tiles are Imma's?

There were a few times when I had to say her name to get her attention because she was concentrating so hard on sorting and stacking those tiles.  Just another aspect of the enigma that is Imma. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment