Lucy Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Imma ticker

CafeMom Tickers

Monday, March 11, 2013

Mommy's Trip to the Spa is All Done!

Well, I'm back home today from my Mommy-cation. My sister Sienna and I had a really nice trip.  We got some rest and now we're jumping back into our regular lives.
If you ever have the chance to visit Echo Canyon Spa in Sulphur, Oklahoma, I highly recommend it.  Even though they initially double-booked the technician doing my pedicure so that I had to wait until the next day, they more than made up for it by giving it to me for free.  Yes, free! Sienna had a very relaxing massage, too. They offer over 100 spa treatments in their 5000 square foot facility.
Our room was very nice, as you can see in the pictures I posted in my initial Mommy-cation post. It was a little weird having a giant bathtub in the corner of the room but there was a separate bathroom.  I used the tub once when Sienna wasn't there and it was wonderful.  It had lots of jets, was super deep, and it utilized local mineral water that was supposed to have some very soothing effects.
We had a beautiful view over-looking the canyon.  We saw all kinds of birds, including some wild turkeys, and Sienna even saw some deer.  The owners are both chefs and the restaurant served wonderful meals for dinner and breakfast. They were even able to accommodate my sister's specific requests.  The view from the dining room was just as lovely as the one from our room.
The spa is very close to Chickasaw National Park.  We saw all kinds of wildlife there as well, including dozens of bison. It was amazing to see these majestic creatures in their own habitat.  We had a lot of fun walking the trails, even though it was pretty cold and windy.
Yesterday, we drove to the small town of St. Pauls to see a movie in the old cinema on the square.  We saw Oz the Great and Powerful for $5 each.  No kidding! It wasn't a huge theater but it was comfortable and just as good as any of the bigger chains.  It reminded me of the old movie theater we had on the square when I was growing up.
Daddy took the girls shopping while I was gone. Imma is pretending to eat--Lucy.

You can tell in this picture that my little munchkin doesn't feel very well.

I intended to get some tutus made while I was there but I didn't get a lot of work done.  We sat on my bed and watched Dirty Dancing last night.  I hadn't seen it in years.  It's funny how watching a movie can bring back so many memories of where you were and who you were with the last time you watched it.
I was very tired and decided to go to bed early but about 30 minutes after I went to sleep I got a text from a very good friend asking me to call her.  We ended up talking for about an hour-and-a-half but it was worth every second of it. I just love talking to her because we have so much in common with our special needs girls and she is just one of those people that makes you feel like you can do anything.  We have some ideas for ways that we can work together to help the parents of other special needs children and I am hoping we can make a serious impact! I may be asking for your help soon, as well, so stay tuned.
This morning, Sienna and I enjoyed another wonderful breakfast and then headed our separate ways.  It was so nice getting to spend some time with her.  She's a very busy young lady, starting her own private therapy practice at the age of 22 (and yes, she actually is very qualified) so I'm happy we got the chance to catch up.
After a three hour drive back, I was very glad to see my two little angels. Lucy hasn't been feeling well so it was nice to finally get to snuggle with her this afternoon.  Of course, the minute I came back in the door, stress-free mommy was gone and back-to-life mommy had to take over. Ah, well, it was nice while it lasted.
I'm so lucky that my husband was willing to let me go!  He's so supportive and such an involved daddy--I picked a winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment