Lucy Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Imma ticker

CafeMom Tickers

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Let's Catch Up!

So, it's been a while since I've posted. We've been busy with the end of school, end of baseball, end of dance, end of cribs, end of bottles. Yes, that's right--end of bottles.  I know, I know, Lucy's almost three, she should have let go of that bottle years ago. But anyone who was around when we were taking Imma's bottle away can completely understand why no one would ever want to go through that twice.  So, Lucy got to hang on to hers a little longer than most.  But the Bottle Fairy finally came a few nights ago and she's been sans bottle ever since. She's been pretty upset the last couple of days but I think we are starting to see the light--maybe.
She is also sleeping in a big girl bed now, which she loves.  We bought her mattress and side rails this weekend.  She also got a new owl bedspread which is right up her alley. So far, she's happily climbed in bed for naps and at bedtime and hasn't gotten out.
Imma graduated from kindergarten.  It was a bitter sweet moment for mommy.  It's been so nice to be at the same school all year. I've gotten to see her grow and blossom. She'll still be at the same school as me next year but there's something a little less magical about first grade compared to kindergarten--no offense, first  grade teachers, I've taught both.
We were sad and happy--mostly happy--to see softball end.  She had amazing coaches and she even got to lead off the last game by batting first, but it was such a struggle.  Her coach said she would love to have her on her team next year, which is awesome.  We will have to work on a few things, like running to first and not throwing dirt or taking the ball away from your teammate in the middle of a play.
I already posted about Lucy's dance recital.  I was absolutely thrilled with how well she did.  Both girls will be taking dance in July with Lucy's teacher, Ms. Lexi at Dance Techniques in Rockwall.  I'm looking forward to seeing how Imma does. She did really great last year.
The girls are taking swimming lessons this summer with one of our amazing kindergarten teachers at Safe Swim in Sachse.  I put them in private lessons so it's only four sessions, but it's completely one-on-one with a seasoned swim instructor.  Today was class two and both girls did really well.  They came home and swam in our little pool and Imma was actually going under water without worrying about getting water in her nose or anything like that. This is actually Imma's third year of lessons (You'll remember the "there's something wrong with your kid" story from year 2) and I didn't ever think she was going to understand that A) You can't breath water and B) You can't walk on water. But with her teacher this year, she seems to be getting it.
We are going to Florida next week.  This will be our third trip to Amelia Island. We went there right after Lucy was born and once before we were even thinking of having children.  I loved our room last time, perfect ocean view, so we decided to stay in the same place. Last time we were there, Imma was as sick as she has ever been in her life.  Hopefully, we won't have that happen again.  Imma is looking forward to flying on the airplane to the beach.
Imma is really looking forward to another stay at "Water Owl" or Great Wolf Lodge as most people call it.  We will be staying there for Lucy's birthday. I think Imma loves it more than Disney World and would live there if we would let her.
I'm also trying to get a lot of new items made/listed this summer. I feel like I've been spending more time with the family and less time working on my stuff, which is good  for the fam but not so great for business.  I started Glitter and Tulle Boutique as a way to distract myself from my dad's death and it's been a great way to occupy my mind, but now that I am not quite as upset as I was, I want to make sure I continue to grow the business because I have worked so hard and I love it so much.  I've made a lot of sales and more importantly, I've been able to make a lot of people happy with items I have created.  That's an awesome feeling.  I'm expanding my crafts and listing more types of items, such as cards, dresses, and party decor, so theoretically, that could expand my clientele.  I would really like to open a brick-and-mortar boutique someday so I'm hoping to get some major work done this summer while still focusing on my kids.
We are going to keep working on school this summer as well. I have work to do and Imma has work to do. Now that we've got the behavior well in check and the processing is coming along, we've got to get the reading up to speed.  She needs to stop being afraid to try and just work through the words she doesn't know.  I see her comprehension starting to come along, which is awesome, even though I'm still petrified about state mandated testing in third grade, which is looming ever closer. I subscribed both girls to abcmouse.com for the summer and they really love it though I need to get Lucy started on her curriculum. She really loves "abcd's!"
What are your plans for the summer?  Do you have any family time planned?  Any vacations? What's the one thing you are really hoping you can get accomplished before the summer ends?
Imma's softball picture.  This girl can hit the ball!

Kindergarten graduation! 
The whole family--photo courtesy of Lucy's other mommy, Amy!

Last lunch as a kindergartner, with our sweet little friend Sarah.

Water babies!  You'll recall we had a redneck/car port swimming pool last year.  This year, it's on the back patio instead.

The Bottle Fairy brought Lucy a new princess dress (pardon our mess!)

Lucy chasing the ducks in a park while we waited for her turn at swim lessons. She was kissing her hand and saying, "Here duck, duck ,duck!"

No comments:

Post a Comment