Lucy Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Imma ticker

CafeMom Tickers

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Mommy's Little Cheerleader!

I got a sewing machine for Christmas and I'm terrified of it.  But I decided to at least try cutting out a pattern today.  I decided to attempt to make Lucy a simple dress.
I opened the pattern envelope and started reading.  I determined which pattern pieces I thought I needed and then started cutting.
Imma came and sat down at the other end of the table.
"Watcha doin' Mommy?"
"I'm attempting to make a dress."
"Oh, ya! Watcha makin' Mommy, a dress?"
"Yes, baby."
"Yes, baby.  You can do it, Mommy!"
"Uhm, I don't know about that, Imma."
She then started singing the song that the birds and mice sing on Cinderella, "You can do it, you can do it, Cinderelly, Cinderelly.  You can do it, Mommy!"
As I am piecing the pattern to the fabric and starting to cut it out.
"You making a dress, Mommy?"
"Yes, baby."
"Yes, baby.  You can do it, Mommy."
"I'm gonna try, baby."
"You can do it, Mommy!  You can!" She started singing again.
Once I had the pieces cut, I decided I needed to do a little bit more research on how to use the sewing machine before I actually started sewing so I started cleaning up.
"Watcha doin, Mommy?"
"Cleaning up, baby."
"Cleaning up?  But Mommy, are you gonna make a dress?"
"Tomorrow, baby."
"No, Mommy.  You can, you can!"
"I know, baby, but not today.  Mommy finish it tomorrow."
"No, Mommy.  Mommy make a dress.  You can, you can!"
"Yes, baby.  Mommy finish tomorrow. . . ."
She started singing again.
It's nice to have a cheerleader!
What were you expecting to see in the box??

No comments:

Post a Comment