Lucy Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Imma ticker

CafeMom Tickers

Monday, June 16, 2014

Imma's 7th Birthday!

We were in the middle of the ocean on a cruise ship when Imma turned seven. I didn't have the chance to post anything about this year or how amazing my little girl is.  So, this post is a few days late, but I hope to sum up a year of progress, of growing, of challenges, and perseverance.
Imma did really well in school this year.  She still struggles with abstract concepts but she is becoming a great reader. She has amazing spacial skills that have allowed her to take her own approach to math and excel in some areas that are really difficult for other children. She did really well with Mrs. Medford and I'm so happy she had such an amazing teacher.
Imma has played softball and basketball this year and done really well in both.  She also did great in dance and did an awesome job at her recital.  She has shown she knows how to play as part of a team and can contribute to a winning effort.
Imma has made new friends this year and grown existing friendships.  I don't know where she would be without her bestie Peyton.  She also became very good friends with another little Peyton this year as well.  I couldn't possibly name all of her friends but we are blessed to have each of them in our lives and it isn't surprising to me that so many of her close friends are boys (like Chrisopher, Donny, and Bradley to name a few!) I have also seen a blossoming friendship between Lucy and Imma this year.  They become closer and closer as they get older.  Often, it is the idea that, "no one better mess with my sister, except for me!"
Imma continues to enjoy music and dancing.  She started music therapy at school this year, which was a blessing for her.  She continued speech and also added some OT back in.  All of these therapies continue to help her improve her language skills.
I will still be the first to say that Imma is the hardest working child I have ever met.  She has to do so much just to know what is going on around her. The fact that most people have no idea that there is anything different about her is remarkable and a testimony to just how incredible she is.  I am so very lucky to have been chosen to be here mother!
Now, for the fun part!  Imma wanted a lalaloopsy party this year.  So, since last year's theme was, "Imma in Wonderland,"  this year we decided to go with, "Imma in Lalaloopsy Land."  We invited a ton of people again and had a great turn out.  We went ahead and did the petting zoo and bounce house, even though I wondered if the kids were getting too big for that.  My sister Kinley made the cakes, which turned out super-cute, and of course I took the decorating a little too the extreme.  Our family friend Priscilla dressed-up like Jewels Sparkle and Imma dressed up like Crumbs Sugar Cookie because she wanted to! She had a really great time with a whole bunch of her friends. Here are some pics from the party!
Imma blowing out her candles.

Imma's birthday cakes.

The Candy Buffet

Some of the decor

Crumbs Sugar Cookie!

LuLu checking out the snacks
We hope all of our guests had as much fun as we did!  We got to meet some parents we hadn't gotten to know before and that's always a plus.  I'm not sure if we will do "Extravaganza" again next year or not but Imma had a good time, we got to see a lot of her friends from school one last time before summer, and I had an excuse to make lots of cute decorations! :)
I am excited to see what Imma's eighth year has in store. I know she will continue to inspire and amaze all of those who are lucky enough to get to know her.  Happy Birthday, Imma-Jane!


No comments:

Post a Comment