Lucy Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Imma ticker

CafeMom Tickers

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

In All of My Spare Time . . .

When I tell people that I took on another job this summer, they look at me like I'm crazy--and they are probably right--but this was an opportunity I couldn't pass up.
My friend Tiffany, who lives in Houston, started working as a consultant for Mary &  Martha last year. I saw all of her beautiful posts on Facebook,  lovely products, unique and apparently of very high quality.  Perhaps more importantly, I was intrigued by the message M & M sends--loving God through loving on others.  These are products that inspire women to invite others into their homes, welcome them, and share God's message.  When I was presented with the opportunity to join the M & M team as Regional Developer, I just couldn't pass it up.


Love this tray! Great for weddings, too!

When I initially read the job description, I thought, "That doesn't sound like me at all!" The description was looking for someone with sales experience, of which I have very little. The person would need to recruit other individuals to join the company. I thought that was something I might be able to do because I know a lot of people and I'm not afraid to approach people.  There was certainly one aspect of the job description that I absolutely loved, however, sharing God's love with others.  I spoke to a few members of the home office staff several times over the course of about a week and finally came to the determination that, with God's help, this really was something that I can do.  Now, Mary & Martha have become a part of my ministry.  Sure, the products are amazing. Yes, the compensation plan is spectacular.  But most importantly, I now have a reason to invite others into my home--or to be invited into the home of a hostess--and share God's message of love with others.  Mostly, we talk about our kids, our work, and life in general, but the fact that we are surrounded by phrases of hope and inspiration, with Bible verses and scripture, creates an atmosphere that lets us know we are in His presence.
I think I will get this apron for my mom for Christmas!  Isn't it cute?

So, do I really have the time to take on more responsibility?  Well, we are making it work! Do I need the extra money?  Maybe not, but it sure is nice!  Can I handle the demands of being a "sales person"?  Well, the products are so awesome, they really sell themselves. I don't know if I'll meet all my recruiting quotas or not, but as long as I am able to continue to spread God's word and "love on others,"  I'll be perfectly happy!
This is my favorite item!  I think it would be so great for engagement or wedding pictures. Love it with my girls, too!

You can check out all of the amazing Mary & Martha products by following the link to my page here.  To shop on-line,  click on events, choose "shop online" next to an event, and then click on the shopping cart that says, "shop now."
If you are interested in hosting a party or becoming a consultant, please email me at vanhornmandm@gmail.com
If you found this post inspiring, please feel free to share it with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment