Lucy Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Imma ticker

CafeMom Tickers

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Imma Got Her Hair Cut by Someone Other than Herself!

Last weekend was full of excitement and I haven't had a chance to post about this until now.  We decided that Imma needed her hair trimmed on Saturday so we decided to take her to the place where we used to get her bangs trimmed when she was little.  It's in the town we used to live in, which is about 30 minutes away, but we needed to go over there for something else anyway so we stopped by Groovy's as well.  The reason we like this place is because they have movies and games for the kids to keep them entertained while they are getting their hair done.  There's also some cute little cars for the little ones to sit in  but Imma was too big for those now.
I thought for sure we'd have a huge meltdown or she'd run out the door.  But she did so well!  The hairstylist kept asking her questions.  She'd answer the "yes" or "no" questions but nothing else, probably because she didn't know what she was asking her.  But the woman just said, "Is she always this shy?" instead of the typical, "What's wrong with her?" type of questions we usually get.
I was shocked that Imma let her wash her hair. I didn't think she'd like being tipped back like that.  But she sat perfectly still.  Then, she looked straight ahead as she got the trim, only flinching a few times when a stray hair tickled her nose.  Finally--she let the stylist blow dry her hair!  I  couldn't believe it!  She let someone hold a loud hot thing next to her head!  Unbelievable!  She did so awesome, I was super proud of her!
Imma getting her hair washed

Getting ready for the trim

Sorry this one is so dark.  

She just stared straight at that TV!

And a brownie for a reward!

Rapunzel Lucy probably needed a trim, too, but I wasn't ready for that yet.  She still hasn't had a haircut at 2 1/2 so I know she needs to have those ends trimmed. I just need some more time, sniffle sniffle. She did have fun running around the salon though.
Lucy probably needed a trim too but I was not ready for that yet!

How do your special needs kiddos--or typical children for that matter--react to haircuts?

1 comment:

  1. When my daughter was little she hated getting her haircut, would scream and cry. I had to start trimming her hair at home. Never had any problems with Christopher getting his haircut, he is my outgoing, wild, crazy and not shy at all child.

    ReplyDelete