Lucy Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Imma ticker

CafeMom Tickers

Monday, April 22, 2013

Cramming in As Much As We Can!

We have been so busy the last few weeks with softball that we haven't had a lot of time for anything else.  I have been so busy working on Imma's birthday invitations and decorations writing a blog post just doesn't ft on the "to-do" list most days.  Here are a few highlights from the last few weeks!
Brian's parents visited this weekend.  The girls had a lot of fun playing with their grandparents.  Grandpa went to Imma's double-header on Saturday and watched her hit the game-winning single!
Oh ya, Imma had a double-header on Saturday!  In the first game, she batted twice and got two hits. She was the only girl to hit a pitch and get on base (there were some foul balls).  The second hit came off of the tee. We were playing an older select team and basically got smoked.  In the second game, we played a team we had already played once and we beat them 11-12.  Imma still isn't paying too much attention in the field but the girl can hit the ball.  And she actually ran to first this time, too!
Did I mention I have been working on Imma's birthday party? Holy cow, do I ever over-do it on these things!  I just passed out about 120 invitations to kindergartners.  Well, to their teachers. I walked into kindergarten lunch and thought, "I just invited these people too my house--all of them--at the same time?!?" She seriously has a pretty good class though. I am hoping she gets at least 20 friends over. After all, the party is the day before Mother's Day and we statistically get much fewer friends than we invite.  I am preparing for 100 but hoping for 20 and guessing maybe 15.
I've been making a lot of tutus and rhinestone t-shirts. Not only have I had quite a few sales lately, I also decided to donate a few of the Autism Awareness tutus to a Facebook page that was looking to raise awareness. Crafting keeps me plenty busy!
Lucy is getting ready for her dance recital in May.  She is a dancing queen!  She keeps telling me, "Look, Monney, I a princess!"  Yes you are, girlfriend!  Still no interest in potty-training, still won't get rid of that stinkin' bottle (I know I will have to get rid of it for her but if you had only been there when Imma gave up hers, you would understand why no one should ever have to go through that again. Ever.)
We are planning a vacation!  Not sure where we are going yet or when but we are considering Amelia Island, Florida, or South Padre.
The girls are going to be taking swimming lessons this summer so I got them signed up for that.  One of the teachers here has been giving swimming lessons for a very long time and she already knows Imma very well so we are hoping she will be successful at teaching our girls how not to drown!
End of year at school means lots of extra things for me and lots of testing for Imma.  I am hopeful that she will finally show she can rhyme so she can beat that pesky TPRI test.  It would also be nice if she would read as well at school as she does at home but for some reason many children just don't seem to do that. And then there's the dreaded TEMI math test that I must administer to her. I am so looking forward to that again--NOT!
That pretty much sums up what we've been up to over here! Hopefully, I will get back to posting fairly regularly once school is over!

No comments:

Post a Comment