Lucy Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Imma ticker

CafeMom Tickers

Friday, April 30, 2010

Progress

Imma seems to be making a lot of progress as far as communication is concerned these days. Yesterday in particular she did several things that I have never seen/heard her do before. I want to record them here so that we can remember.
1. She found Elmo's nose! Ever since she was about six months old, we've played that game every mother plays, "Can you find Elmo's nose," (or whatever) in a book. Usually, she responds by pointing at something else and saying it's name or turning the page. Last night, three times, she pointed right at Elmo's nose and said, "Elmo nose." Yay!
2. Brian was standing in her way. So she said, "Beep! Beep!" in order to get through. Not even sure where she picked that up from.
3. She nodded her head, "yes," in response to a yes or no question. Lately she has been saying yes about as frequently as she says no but I have never seen her nod her head before.
4. She unlocked the dead bolt on the back door. I guess she really wanted to go outside! This one is a little scary.
We are having more conversations. This morning, while driving to school, we talked about what animals we saw. We saw birds, dogs, and cows. She also told me that she wanted to watch, "more" Barney. She usually just screams when the show is over and she wants me to do something to fix it. I really think she is making a lot of progress, though it was disconcerting earlier in the week when the ECI people told me they thought she might be autistic. I frankly don't see it at all. She has some tendencies but I think all children have some tendencies. There are some major things that most autistic children do that I don't see in Imma at all. But we are going to have her evaluated by the early childhood center next week so we will see what they have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment