Lucy Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Imma ticker

CafeMom Tickers

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Lucy is Six!

We have been celebrating Lucy's sixth birthday since last Friday when we took the girls to Great Wolf Lodge.  Lucy loves that place, and she was so excited to get a yellow bracelet and go down some of the bigger slides for the first time.


Getting ready to go swimming at the water park


Lucy with Violet the wolf

We didn't do a party this year (mostly because Mommy still can't walk) but she did get all of the presents she asked for--baby Lady (a.k.a. Lady McTramp) baby Stitch, baby Marie, and baby Dumbo--which she has been asking for since we left Disney World in March.
So many Disney babies!
Rapunzel cake!
She asked for a Rapunzel birthday cake and decided she wanted that at Great Wolf Lodge as well, even though it wasn't quite her birthday yet.
Last night--on her actual birthday--we went to a local pizza restaurant and she brought home a giant piece of chocolate cake, so we put a candle in that. Overall, I think she's had a pretty nice birthday!
This year, Lucy has learned so much! She's becoming quite the little reader and writer, even though I haven't been pushing her at all. I know she's smart enough to get it with her teachers' help, though of course I love to hear her read and we read together.  She loves to draw, like her big sis, and she also has a bit or a knack for math. She really loves to talk about "part, part, whole!" She had a great year in kindergarten with a wonderful teacher and lots of friends. She's still convinced that she will be a princess when she grows up and live in a castle. I hope, wherever she ends up, she always feels like a princess!
Blowing out the candles!
Lucy has always had a flare for the dramatic and that hasn't changed, though I think she had learned to control he temper a little bit this year. We are working on it! She loves to pretend, and listening to her play with her toys is quite entertaining.  I have always said that even though she looks a lot more like Brian, she is my mini me when it comes to personality! I love spending time with her, and this summer is going way to fast. I know I'm going to miss her when she starts first grade in just a few weeks....
Happy birthday, Lucy Kate Annabella!  Many, many, many more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment